These paleo salmon cakes are quick, nutritious, and delicious. They make a perfect weeknight meal and lunch leftovers. Full of healthy fat and protein, these paleo salmon cakes have no grains or gluten and are flavored with tasty (and anti-inflammatory) spices. They’re a hit all around for the whole fam!
- 12 oz wild-caught salmon, cooked and shredded (or from a BPA-free can)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. dried parsley (or ¼ cup fresh, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger powder (or 2 tsp fresh grated)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond meal with the herbs and spices in a bowl large enough for the entire mixture (everything will end up in here)
- Add the salmon to the almond meal mixture and blend well, breaking up the salmon into smaller pieces as needed.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs, mustard, and lemon juice to the salmon mixture, blend well.
- Divide the mixture into 6-8 equal portions, roll into a ball, and flatten to about ½ inch thick patties, place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are cracked and lightly browned.